How to make a beautiful arrangement from a blurry image
We created this standing spray for a funeral service this week and would like to share with you how we did it. When this order came in, my client and I talked on the phone. It’s a lot more efficient to do this process by phone than email or text.
I asked her to send me some screenshots of the designs she likes. Pretty soon, she texted me 4 images. Of the 4 images, she picked 1 and said that was her favorite. Coincidently, it was my favorite too so we made our decision.
After I got off the phone with her, I looked at the image, which is kind of blurry (see below), and identified the flowers they used to make the arrangement. Here is the sample image:
My next step was to find out how much it will cost us to make the arrangement so I could quote her.
Supplies we needed were: A floral foam, a cage, some waterproof tape, some ribbon, and an easel. In our industry, it is common that we don’t get the easels back from funeral homes.
For flowers, I prepared Rose, Stargazer Lily (I upgraded from Asiatic Lily for its nicer colors and fragrance), Alstroemeria, Larkspur, Carnation, Chrysanthemum, and Monte Casino. For greenery, I used Palm leaves, Leather Fern, and Variegated Pittosporum.
In addition, my client wanted custom printed banners for the standing spray so I added them to the cost.
Once I sent her the quote and she approved it, I began sourcing everything I needed to make the order.
A small issue occurred! A few days later, I found out that the funeral service would last two days, which meant that the flowers would need to stay fresh a bit longer than typical funeral services. To keep the floral foam hydrated, I wrapped it with plastic wrap.
And here is what I made: