Flowers for Celebration of Life
A celebration of life service is a type of end-of-life ceremony where people come together to celebrate the unique life of the deceased. While a funeral service often takes place in a funeral home or church, a celebration of life can be held at a hotel banquet, event venue, or residence.
A celebration of life is typically planned after the remains of the deceased have been buried or cremated. It is common to incorporate a framed photograph or items that remind the guests of the deaseased. Food and drinks are usually offered at the ceremony.
What to consider
What our clients often order from us are:
- Centerpieces for the tables
- Standing sprays or wreaths
- Flowers for a framed photo
- Flowers for an urn
- Large arrangement(s) for an entrance
- Sign-in table arrangement(s)
What to expect
Once you have reserved the venue, and have the date and time of the service, and find out roughly how many people you are inviting, please contact us as soon as possible as planning can take a while.
To provide a quote, we will need the followings:
- Types of arrangements (We can help you figure out what you need.)
- Sizes of arrangements (This is important especially for event flowers as venues tend to be much larger than homes. The relationship of the size of an arrangement to the surrounding area or envionment is one of the principles of floral design – Scale. If the arrangement is not large enough for the space, it will not look correct to your eyes.)
- Quanities of each design
- Types of flowers (The more specific you are, the more costly they will be. Choosing seasonal and/or commonly available flowers can help you stay within your budget.)
- Color scheme (If you choose colors that are not available or difficult to find in natural flowers such as black, silver, gold, and blue, we might suggest substituting them with artificial flowers and/or ribbons. We do not spray paint flowers but we do paint containers and floral supplies for an additional fee if our time allows.)
To book us, we require a deposit. A full payment is also necessary prior to the event date. Please read our contract for more details. Call us for help: 510-898-1701
For other sympathy flowers, please visit our SYMPATHY FLOWERS page.